Nick Indahl College Scholarship Program.
Gloria Dei high-school seniors and college students are invited to apply for this scholarship, which will be awarded to one or more students. This is the 14th year for the scholarship program, established in memory of Nick, who was a musician, a student at Pacific Lutheran University and the University of Alaska Anchorage, and a lifelong member of Gloria Dei. Multiple scholarships may be awarded annually, and the amount may vary.
Criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- Active member of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
- Full-time attendance at an accredited, post-secondary institution
- Willingness to complete 15 hours of community service at Gloria Dei or Lutheran Social Services of Alaska
Note: If you are a first-time recipient in 2018, the community service hours must be completed prior to re-applying in 2019. The hours are not required with your initial application.
- All requirements must be submitted on or before the deadline.
- Limited to full-time undergraduate study—4 years maximum
If you have questions, please call a member of the scholarship committee: Marcia Indahl (907-317-6944) Nancy Budahl-Lane (907-830-9779) Connie Budahl (907-240-6922) Barbara Markley (907-830-0535) Alicia Budahl (907-717-3862) Darla Siver (907-223-2662)
Fundraising events and individual contributions support the scholarship fund. Thank you to all who faithfully contribute resources and time.